If you are a person who requires a greater depth of yoga understanding, and who wishes to live more of the yoga life, Bill Giles can guide you. He has modelled his life on the philosophies of yoga for more than 45 years, firstly as a student, then teacher and finally as a yoga philosopher. He has published eight books on yoga.
Bill established the Samyama School of Yoga in 1987 and has taught weekly classes in hatha and raja yoga since then. He conducts workshops which combine hatha and raja yoga on Wednesday nights during school terms.
Bill takes a limited number of people through an amazing one year teacher’s training program (starting each February). If you are a yoga teacher who wants to learn more techniques, or a person wishing to learn both the philosophy and the practice of classical yoga, phone Bill or Larisa to discuss these yearly programs. These programs are only available for people living in, or near the ACT.
Bill’s background in physical therapies:
- Judo, Goju Ryu Karate—1963 to present.
- Isometric, isotonic, isokinetic corrective exercises—1965 to 1967.
- Yoga—1972 to present
- Oriental Bone Setting (Oriental osteopathy)—1972-1974.
- Chinese medicine (& acupuncture)—1975-present.
- Zen shiatsu—1986-1993.
- Various electro-acupuncture techniques—1994-present.
- Zen Shiatsu 1990. (out of print)
- Trunk Exercises and Yoga Nidra 1993 (available as CD)
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali—a practical interpretation. 2001 (Hard Copy)
- In Search of Yoga. 2005 (Hard Copy)
- The Yoga of Happiness. 2005 (Hard Copy)
- The Yoga of Samadhi. 2005 (Hard Copy)
- The Hatha Yoga Pradipika. 2015 (Hard Copy)
- Trunk Exercises (with CD). 2015 (Hard Copy)